Sunday, April 3, 2011

Welcome to Collegiate Kitchen!

Hey All!
Thank you for joining me at Collegiate Kitchen! I am so excited to share my passion with food, nutrition and healthy eating with you. My goal for this blog is to share some healthy eating wisdom to one college student to another. If you aren't a college student, you are welcome to join me...my tips will still apply in any cafeteria or restaurant too! And I'll throw some real cooking in there once in a while too :) I should start off my saying that I don't have an ACTUAL kitchen. I am a college student and as a result I live in the dorms. You may think I am crazy for starting a food blog without a real kitchen to cook in :) I may be crazy, but I will try to provide some interesting tips and tricks for those of you who, like me, live in a place with no kitchen! I hope to inspire other college students like me to eat healthy when it is so hard with an unlimited meal plan in the cafeteria.

 I've picked up tips from watching other people around here at school, trying out new things with the cafeteria food, the limited space in the dorm room, and from my training as a future dietitian. You might wonder if an actual recipe shows up or maybe some pictures. I do have a kitchen at my parents house, so I cook there sometimes and I may share with you! Don't be alarmed, I am not cooking in my dorm room or sneaking into the cafeteria kitchen after hours :)

 Let me warn you, I am not a trained chef or cook, actually I am not a trained anything yet! But I will soon be a registered dietitian and I hope to share some of my new knowledge with you as I am learning! In my new blog posts you will see tricks to healthy eating, tips that you can use in the cafeteria (or in everyday life), recipes I have seen that I think are super cool or have inspired me, and (hopefully) pictures of some of the stuff I have tried out! I also love to read about food, cooking, and gardening so you may see some book/ article recommendations thrown into my posts too!

 Anything else you want to see? Questions? Leave a comment or email me and I would love to answer and try to accommodate anything you all want to see! Thanks again for stopping by! I look forward to sharing my love of food, and healthy living with you :)

-Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment