Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Mediterranean Dinner




Hey everybody! I have some great recipes for you to make a summer Mediterranean dinner (hence the title :) 


I started using www.kitchenmonki.com  to organize all my recipes. Its a great website where you can enter in recipes then organize and share them. I added a bunch that I clipped out of magazines and cookbooks. I also picked up a recipe for this chicken I am going to share below. If you are like me and want all your recipes in one place and nicely organized- this is a great site. I added the links to the recipes on kitchenmonki if you want to check it out. 
So enjoy this healthy summer dinner!
Yaya's Chicken
Makes: 2 Servings  
Ingredients: 
2 Chicken Breasts
1 Lemon 
1/4 cup Olive Oil 
2 Tablespoons Dried Ground Oregano 
1 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes 
1 Dash Ground Black Pepper (to taste) 
1 Dash Fine Sea Salt (to taste) 
1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder 
Directions: 
Step 1: Cut large chicken breasts in 1/2 
Step 2: Squeeze lemon juice and drizzle olive oil over chicken, and add the spices 
Step 3: Bake at 400 degrees for 45 min- 1 hour (I grilled it about 5 minutes on each side) 
Roasted Mediterranean Vegetables 
Makes: 6 Servings 
Source: The Ultimate Fat Free Cookbook
Calories 120
Fat 5.2 g (0.68g Saturated)
Cholesterol 0 mg
Ingredients:
1 Each Red and Yellow Pepper
2 Spanish Onions
2 Large Zucchini
1 Large Eggplant
1 Fennel Bulb, Thickly Sliced
2 Beefsteak Tomatoes
Directions: 
Step 1: Halve and seed the peppers, then cut them into large chunks. Peel the onions and cut into thick wedges.
Step 2: Cut the zucchini and eggplant into large chunks.
Step 3: Preheat the oven to 425F. Spread the peppers, onions, zucchini, eggplant and fennel in a lightly oiled shallow oven proof dish or roasting pan or, if desired, arrange in rows to make a colorful design.
Step 4: Cut each tomato in half and place, cut side up with the vegetables.


No comments:

Post a Comment